Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Matrix Quilt

 One of the things I enjoyed most about the
Tucson Quilters Guild Quilt Show
was the wide variety
of quilts styles that were represented.
From Vintage to Modern,
I love them all.
 My Matrix Quilt
by Joline Albagh
is a wonderful representation
of the new Modern Quilts
that are surging the Market.
Quilted by Mary Vaneecke
Pattern Source: Easy Grid Quilts by Karen Fisher
 Using bright fabrics, geometric shapes, 
with an emphasis on solid colors,
Modern quilts are gaining in popularity with traditional quilters.
 Joline wrote:
"I remember the first time I saw Karen Fisher's 
'Matrix Color Synergy'.  It was love at first sight.
Happily, Karen included a pattern in her book
Easy Grid Quilts
I did the applique as a take along project."
 Yes, all those little itty bitty squares were hand appliqued.
 Beautiful use of graduated color.
 I studied this quilt up close for quite a while,
enjoying the simplicity of pattern
and yet complexity of color sequencing
all mixed together.
This is a large quilt and a lot of work went into the planning.
 
And I see potential as a 
use up your scraps
quilt!